Saturday, 4 June 2011

Bolts! In Britain!

So, this is an occasion that I always had put into the realm of 'wild dreams': some rock climbers in Britain that are NOT completely crazy but do the sensible thing (*) and actually bolt some routes. In Runcorn, almost next door. C+S promised that there might be a crag out there, and it actually turned out to be very nice, as the images prove. I have not been on a rope for over 6 months, so this is a welcome diversion and we might have to go back there. 



Mind you, while some of the routes no longer have an 'E-grade' (for severity, as in E9=suicidal), they should certainly get a B-grade for Broom. I swear that the first route I did today was sandy enough to deserve at least a B3, maybe even a B4 ... Anyway, so while I am quite tired tonight, tomorrows plan is definetely to go shopping and replace the public health hazard that are my climbing shoes. 

(*) sensible from a self-preservation perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment