This is once again something from a Hotel room on a work trip. It is painted on the wall above my bed. I have no idea what this image is about, but I do find it a little disturbing when all you can think about for a room is mountains (no objections there), but in combination with a customs barrier ???
Sunday, 6 November 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Does the mountain landscape represent your dreams?
ReplyDeletewell, maybe. But certainly not with a customs barrier in front of it. See, my question is about what one is being charged for in this case - the mountains? oneself on the way to the mountains? the view? every kind of item brought to a mountain? I always thought the mountains per se should be free and that only the (hopefully optional) tourism infrastructure should do all the money sucking. Maybe the artist wants to move beyond that admittedly outdated and environmentally unfriendly approach?
ReplyDeleteDifficult to know ...
That sounds all very deep... I think it means "foreign tourists not welcome here" ??
ReplyDeletePrehaps it chalanges you to consider that... You can only truely appreciate the wild freedom of the mountains when your constrained by the shackles of society....
ReplyDeleteI suggest that to truely appreciate the work you should discard the contraints of society and nick the soap from the bathroom.
Tom
Was ist denn mit der Sparbüchse auf dem Beamtenschreibtisch, die vor der Verheißung des Paradieses (Heiligenschein) hinter dem Berg auftaucht?
ReplyDeleteIst es gar ein gesellschafts- und kirchenkritisches Bild?
Gruß
M