Friday, 17 July 2009

Black Cabs

"Well, The chances of being held up at gun point in the library are pretty serious ... " - M

This is a post about a well-known aspect of life in England that I have come to use frequently in recent times - cabs. They are reasonably cheap in Liverpool such that you can afford to take them if you don't really feel like walking, for example on account of the rain (especially on those days where you seem to have misplaced your umbrella). They are also very large on the inside, which makes them the perfect vehicle for furniture moving. As I am writing this, I am lying on the newest addition of my apartment, a sofa that turns into a double bed in a few seconds if required. Here is a picture of me getting it home - in the pouring rain - a few minutes ago ...
... in a cab.

The other important purchase of the last few days was a new wallet, I learned long ago that the £-bills are much wider than those that are in €. My German wallet made for a number of dog-eared notes, with an increased chance of losing them so that one had to be changed too ...

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha - I never thought I would hear you say that you will take a cab because you don't feel like walking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, seriously. Hanging out around here without an umbrella within arms reach is just a very silly idea. Finally managed to get a complete set of rain gear over from Germany (left the rain coat on the last trip), so things should brighten up a little from there ...

    ReplyDelete