So, while I had my bike on the road for a few days since arriving here, today was my first real bike ride I guess. Went climbing to the gym with M, the gym is in a church on the other side of town. Having had no real idea how far it actually is, I left way too late and cycled down the water front (very nice, but it turns out to be the long way). 10km later, with a bit of playing in traffic, there was the gym. So far so good.
It had been trying to rain all day, but on the way back it really did and I ended up getting completely soaked (of course the rain coat is still in a suitcase in Germany somewhere). Ah well. The real surprising thing came when I traveled through town and got held up by, yes, a marching band. A complete parade right through the centre of town, parade uniform, bagbpipes, drums, and everything. In the pouring rain. Probably I am just ignorant about English customs as I am absolutely not aware of an occasion for this type of parade, but that might just be me.
After coming home I took my entire sorry self into the wash, clothes, backpack, bicycle, everything. I am now dry and happily cooking dinner - the first one to be had on the table pictured below ...
Saturday, 11 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment