Saturday, 6 August 2011

Waving the white flag of surrender and shame

So, this has not happened very often at all: Showing up at a restaurant, not being able to finish dinner, yet the waitress commented on how well I managed to work through it.

One day, there were rumors at work about this place where you get a burger (the house special) that can't be eaten. Both in terms of putting it into your mouth and in terms of actually getting it all down. I was very sceptic, but the rumors had substance. Quite literally:

Just to confirm. The many onion rings are an absolutely necessary ingredient as they hold the Chilli con Carne ...

3 comments:

  1. It seems as if you got weak. What happened to your great eating abilities? ;)

    Maybe, next time when I am in Liverpool, we should visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is slightly horrifying and kind of amazing. How much did you get through, exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I worked through the better part of the bottom most hunk of meat, and had not yet started the fries ... Both of you are quite welcome to try it out on your next visit(s) to Liverpool, if you are interested ... ;)

    ReplyDelete