This is really already a few weeks ago now, but it is worth mentioning anyway. Long term readers of this blog might remember the
final stage images of my Berlin apartment, here is another one - this time in Liverpool:
The old place was a little odd in that things kept falling down once in a while. At some point I therefore decided that I was not going to be there when it was the ceilings turn and canceled the lease. Actually, the day that I really decided to move was
this one. At present, I am almost set up in my new flat, not far from the old one. Hoping this one works out better.
In other news, I had totally ignored the fact that I would need a new drivers license after one year in the UK, so now I can't drive for the time being - especially not our own car. The situation is that, in principle, one can exchange an EU driving license for a British one. Unfortunately, my German license mentioned that I had already exchanged that from a Canadian one, which means that I would have to prove that I took my Canadian test in a manual transmission car or else I will get only an automatic license. Hrmpf. This proof is difficult, given that the last test was done in a borrowed car where one was happy that the transmission worked at all, manual or not. Anyway, it looks like I will have to take another driving test, just over 10 years after the last - otherwise I will not be able to drive our own car again ...
No comments:
Post a Comment