"Augh!
Megan, what's this thing in our refrigerator?" -
"Where?" -
"Next to the dead body."-
"Brocoli."
Jim Toomey, Sherman's Lagoon
So, I am writing this from my all-new MacBook.
All-new? Well, my "old" MacBook's hard drive decided in a very surprising moment this morning to simply die. Apparently it is not completely totally dead, which means that I might not even have lost all that much data, but I now have a new HD and a completely new operating system up and running. Off to bed, tomorrow will be dedicated to get everything up to the state it was in this morning BEFORE things started crashing.
Lesson learned: very regular backups might occasionally come in handy ...
Wednesday, 27 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ouch. That's a pain.
ReplyDeleteI've been using Dropbox. So far, so good. It works well on Linux, so I assume their Mac version should work well. It pairs up nicely with Unison, too.