One thing I forgot to mention in my last post. The venue for my last conference being the math building of a university, you should of course expect mathematicians to run around the house. Indeed. One particular figure stood out from the crowd right on the first day.
An elderly man, with somewhat ragged clothes, a rather scruffy beard and a hunchback showed up in the common room and started rescuing the sandwiches that were leftover from lunch. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture for you, but there were really only two possibilities: either the man was homeless, or a retired professor & fellow of the Royal Society. The fact that he appeared to have access to the library strongly hinted at the latter option.
I tried to inquire discreetly about the person, but did not get very far. The only thing some locals seemed to know is that he is part of the inventory ...
No comments:
Post a Comment