Monday, 24 August 2009

Those mathematicians

I guess in this place, you are only allowed to graduate once you can actually find to class... - F

I am just at a conference at a UK University, which is actually held in the Mathematics and Statistics building. I can't remember ever having been in a building as confusing as this. There was a sign to find yourself to room B1.37 for the conference registration, so I thought I would head to the first floor and see where I could get. Hah, wrong.

The first time, I got to the first floor I could see a door that looked like it might be correct, but I could not actually get there. A detour via the second floor (there really was no level connection!) brought me to aforementioned door. I could confirm that the room at the other side was really what I wanted (plenty of glass in the building, thank god), but it was locked. No way to get around it.

Back to the first floor, I only had to look at the janitor who immediately pointed in the proper direction ... at least I am not the only one getting lost in the Math building.

No comments:

Post a Comment