Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Structured Procrastination

Author practices jumping rope with seaweed while work awaits. - The author of the article that is the topic of this post.

Today I found this essay on the net, it was linked from a short editorial about procrastination in Nature.

You, yes, you, need to read it. Especially if you should be doing ten billion other things. Like me - it is going on 11pm and I should probably set up some simulations to run overnight before heading to bed this evening.

Anyway, so to cut a long story short, this article tells you all about how to be terribly productive doing tasks B, C, D, ..., Z while desperately trying not to do the most important and urgent task A. So, does task A get done at some point? Well, as soon as there is a commitment A' that is yet more important, you may find that procrastination naturally leads you to do the right thing. All in good time.

Anyway, have a look, and enjoy. I will set up my simulations now, as I really really really should be going to bed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment